risingSUD and its European partners in the Alpine Space network continue their commitment to the circular economy!
As the economic development agency for the Region Sud, risingSUD, at the end of October 2019 was selected with 14 other partners from the Alpine Space network (organizations from France, Italy, Germany, Slovenia, and Austria) to deploy the European project “Circular 4.0” aimed at supporting companies in their transition to the circular economy through the use of digital tools.
Circular 4.0 will develop and test initiatives that encourage SMEs in these Alpine territories to take advantage of digital and tech tools to produce goods and services in a sustainable way, which includes limiting the use and waste of resources as well as the production of waste.
Circular 4.0 is structured around three main initiatives:
– the development of shared tools and methods based on the best practices used by SMEs and their partners across the Alpine territory;
– the implementation of pilot programs that will involve 280 SMEs throughout the Alpine territory;
– the creation of a network of regional innovation ecosystems working on issues regarding digital transformation and the circular economy.
This project is co-financed by the Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the Interreg Alpine Space program.
Companies and institutional stakeholders in the Sud region, grab the wheel and join the circular economy movement!
Duration of the program: October 2019 – June 2022
– Mathilde MAUVAIS, Project Manager for Innovation
– Nicolas CHEHANNE, Head of European Affairs