The Euromaritime trade exhibition is being held for the first time in Marseille at the Parc Chanot facility from the 4th to the 6th of February. A Euro-Mediterranean event dedicated to Blue Growth, Euromaritime is a major meeting place for companies and organizations working in the maritime sector. The last edition of the exhibition brought together more than 5000 visitors from 48 countries and more than 300 French and foreign exhibitors. The full range of Blue Economy businesses are represented at the exhibition: shipbuilding and ship repair, maritime transport, river transport, offshore activities, renewable marine energies, port industry, fishing, offshore, safety, tourism, environment, and maritime technology.
The major stakeholders from the sector in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region are taking part in the event and will showcase the dynamic work being done by the Blue Economy section of the Operations of Interest to the Region strategic sector program:
– the Pôle Mer Méditerranée cluster, which will be presenting several regional companies;
– the Club SUD Drone, which has been mobilizing regional stakeholders in the drone sector for more than a year, including companies specializing in on-board systems for aerial, marine, and submarine drones;
– the Smart Port, which will launch its second edition of the Smart Port Challenge, as well as other structuring projects that are supported by risingSUD.
risingSUD accelerates maritime companies
As part of the Med4ScaleUP acceleration program funded by the European Commission’s EEN (European Enterprise Network) initiative and the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region, risingSUD offers a one-year acceleration program to three SMEs that are working in the digitalization of maritime transport.
For our three selected companies—Okargo/Eureka, Smart Sailors, and Transpare—this year’s program will focus on supporting international development, identifying the main drivers for growth, and then activating these drivers. risingSUD is committed to working with these companies to promote the region’s maritime expertise on the international stage. This year there will be a special concentration on Germany, where the companies will participate in a trade mission organized within the framework of the program.
Climb aboard the Euromaritime ship and discover new horizons in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region!
– Grégory VARAGNOL, Project Manager—Operations of Interest to the Region, coordinator for risingSUD’s financial support services
– Marie GONZALEZ, EEN Project Manager, Business Acceleration Unit (contact for the Med4ScaleUP acceleration program)