On January 20th this year, France’s Secretary of State for the Digital Economy, Cédric O, unveiled the 83 start-ups that will join the Next40 group of corporate prodigies to form the French Tech 120 list.
The Provence-Alpes Côte d’Azur region is well represented on this list, with four future tech unicorns based in the territory:
– Atempo.Wooxo, a European cybersecurity specialist run by Luc D’URSO that is committed to issues such as cyber sovereignty (the company previously was selected to take part in the SUD Accélérateur and the Pass French Tech programs);
– ImCheck Therapeutics, a biotech company headed by Pierre D’EPENOUX that is revolutionizing cancer treatment and that recently raised €48 million in funding;
– FlexFuel Energy Development, a cleantech company directed by Sébastien Le POLLES that is dedicated to optimizing engine performance and reducing emissions;
– Crosscall, a manufacturer of durable, waterproof, and highly autonomous outdoor mobile phones that is led by Cyril VIDAL.
As a successor to Pass French Tech, this national initiative provides enhanced support for a one-year period to enable selected companies to continue their hyper-growth phase and to become world-class leaders—in other words, the French unicorns of tomorrow! The program will also give them access to dedicated services in more than 45 French ministries to best assist their international development, their financing, their access to the market, and their relations with the government.
– Tünde AMPHOUX, Project Manager—Business Acceleration
– Jean-Baptiste GEISSLER, Innovation Expert